Monday, August 30, 2010

Abu Dhabi Doo!

YES!  I am now officially on the countdown to fly to UAE.  I was notified today that I will fly out of Atlanta on September 1st.  I'll have a layover at JFK for about 5 hours (guess I won't have trouble making that connecting flight!) and then a 13-hour flight to Abu Dhabi.  That means I'll be arriving in Abu Dhabi about 7:30 on Thursday night, after leaving Atlanta at 3:00 on Wednesday!  It's going to be a GREAT day!!

I had been worried because Heather got her ticket last Thursday, but I didn't hear anything.  I feared that I would be arriving too late to do my OCD preparation for school to begin.  Ha-ha!  This means I will have 2 solid weeks to get settled, have orientation, and prepare for the first day.....Just right!!

Because my flight was booked at the last minute, it appears the flight may have been full except for a couple of business class seats left.....Even better!!!  I'm now in aisle 2 on the window.   This also means I'm not limited to the luggage requirements on most flights.  I get 3 bags at 70 pounds each.....Ah, life is good!  Sorry, Heather!!  Don't pack too much!    :)

Since Heather and I are flying out of Atlanta about 10 minutes apart, that means Cory and Kim get to take us to the airport and have a farewell lunch.  That makes it so much more special!  What are they going to do without us until it's their time to fly out???  Georgia Bulldawgs -- that's what!!

I can't wait to see the beautiful sights that await me and to meet the new LT's (Licensed Teachers) that I'll be working and living with.  I'm full of anticipation about meeting my new students also!  Time now to go to sleep...perchance to dream.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment