Friday, February 11, 2011

Star Students

We recently held an "honors" ceremony for the girls who were 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each class for the first grading term.  They have special sashes and hats to wear for the ceremony.  Then, they each receive a gift and a certificate.  The moms come to watch. (Did I mention that only moms come for parent-teacher conferences and any other occasions??)

The girls were very excited, and I think some of them got motivated to try harder this next term.  My grades on spelling and math tests are certainly showing a jump!!  This week I had 24 girls who made an A on their spelling test.  That has NEVER happened before.  I also had 23 who made 80 or above on their math test on double-digit multiplication  (two digit by 1 digit).  AMAZING!!

These are the Star Students in my 3B class:  Khloud, Malak, and Afraa

These are the Star Students in 3A:  Maitha, Aisha, and Fatima

0 comments:

Post a Comment