Friday, December 10, 2010

Vanity

With that title on the blog, I'll bet you were thinking it was all about being vain, right?  Sorry to mislead you, but this is all about furniture!  I think we have finally just about finished furnishing our flat.  After sitting on the floor for 3 months to do my hair each morning (ouch!), we bought a vanity.  Now I won't have to sit down on the floor each morning....and slowly try to get up!  It has 7 drawers to hide all my "junk" and I can plug in my dryer and curling iron and stay in one place.  Kim is threatening to re-wire the bathroom so that the light switch is inside the bathroom and we have an electric outlet in there.  He goes into the bathroom and THEN tries to turn on the light......silly boy!


We also finished furnishing the 2nd bedroom and moved the rug that was in there to the office.  This is Heather and Cory's room.....and anyone else who cares to come visit!  :)  The only other thing I think we'll do in here is get some curtains that are easy to open and close.  Currently there are blinds from IKEA that roll up and down, but I'm not sure how well-built they are and how long they will last.  Oh, yes, we may also buy a thick throw so that when we turn the temperature down to 18 C at night, the visitors don't freeze!  For some reason, this bedroom gets a lot colder than the master bedroom. 


In the next picture you can see the rug that is now in the office.  I liked it in the bedroom, but Heather convinced me to get the rugs you see up above.  I did like them better once I got them in the room.


And.......we bought a stove!  Tonight "we" cooked our first meal on it:  4-pepper chicken and rice, served with broccoli and cauliflower.  It was SO GOOD!!!  Okay, I confess, Kim did most of the cooking, but I did wash the wok and vegetable steamer when we brought them home from the store.....doing my small part to help mankind.....



This was my first real home-cooked meal since September 1st!! (I don't think heating up Ragu and pouring it over pasta counts.)  It was certainly worth the long wait.

Heather convinced her daddy to buy a grill....so here it is.  It's a Weber.  We haven't tried cooking on it yet.  When we got it home, we realized there was no regulator for the gas, so Kim had to return it and get another one.  Maybe later this week we can give it a try.  :)  It fits on our balcony, so we're going to try grilling out on the 5th floor....wish us luck!

I am definitely a happy girl now that Kim is here! 

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmmm, there seems to be a lot of "Heather" convinced us to buy!!! You both will get plenty of enjoyment out of everything:) and I'm DYING to have something grilled!! Maybe after Spain...

Lynn Hendren said...

Ha-ha! Sorry about that. You know you can't convince me to do anything I don't already want to do! You just have good taste! :)

Post a Comment